In the last few years, the number of men with facial hair has grown (pun intended) pretty heavily. In fact, according to Simmons Research, 39% of men in America have facial hair, an increase from five years ago when only 15% of men had facial hair (truly dark times).
With this increase of men with facial hair, so has the number of beard oil producing companies in America. Now, this is not necessarily a bad thing. The more beards in the world, the better.
But with this saturation of the market comes laziness and shortcuts, in the form of bad ingredients. There a lot of beard oil companies out there that uses many non-natural ingredients that either don’t do anything or, worse, harm the hair and skin of those that use it. Here’s just some of the shit other companies put in there beard oils.
Petroleum Jelly: A carcinogenic material, petroleum jelly blocks pores, causing breakouts, and causes hair to become greasy and heavy.
- Alcohol: Used to make the fragrance oils companies put in their products, alcohol dehydrate the skin and can cause irritation.
- Parabens: A preservative found in many products, parabens have been found to be a cause of dermatitis.
- Silicone: This ingredient gives your hair the temporary silky feel we associate with being clean. In truth, it doesn’t do a damn thing.
- Turpentine Oil: A paint thinner and industrial solvent, turpentine causes skin irritation. If you’ve ever seen it used on paint, you’d understand why you don’t want it on your skin.
Still want to use those other guys? I doubt it. Using beard products that use all-natural ingredients is the only surefire way to keep your beard looking and feeling great. There are a few companies that do this well. Whiskey, Ink, and Lace is one of those companies.
We use all-natural ingredients that have one purpose: to make your beard all it can be. All killer, no filler.
This is our full ingredient list in all of our beard oils.
- Jojoba Oil: A liquid wax derived from jojoba seeds, this oil is the closest match to the natural oils secreted by people’s hair and skin. It moisturizes skin and helps repair damaged hair.
- Avocado Oil: Derived from avocados, this has a ton of benefits for your body. It prevents sun damage, heals skins, helps hair regrow, and fights dandruff.
- Coconut Oil: Extracted from the “meat” of a coconut, this oil works as a more natural preservative than parabens. Plus, it softens and conditions beard hairs and strengthens the roots.
- Argan Oil: An oil that comes from the kernels of the Argan tree, this oil softens hair and reduces acne and skin irritation. Argan oil contains a lot of Vitamin A and E, which is what helps heal the skin.
- Vitamin E: Though you get Vitamin E from argan oil, we wanted more to encourage healthy hair growth and repairing damaged hair
- Essential Oils: This is where all our signature scents come from. Each beard oil has a different essential oil combination to give it a unique scent.
We take the health of your body and hair very seriously. That’s why we use all-natural ingredients. We don't take the shortcuts that the other guys take because we know you want your beard at it's best.