Creating a Daily Beardcare Routine
- by Mike Wargo
Having a beard requires a number of important tools and a daily routine in order to achieve maximum beard success. Fortunately for you, we at Whiskey, Ink, & Lace are here to help.
Below you’ll find a comprehensive list of all the things you’ll need to have a beard that you can be proud of. And when you’re shopping for beard products, remember to always buy all-natural.
Absolutely essential to both growing and maintaining a beard, this is usually the first product aspiring beardsmen buy. And for good reason. Beard oil serves a number of functions, including:
- Minimizes beard itch
- Repairs damaged beard hair
- Moisturizes hair and skin
- Make your beard smell great!
This is a great tool for guys with a particularly large beard, but is great for any beard.
Balms work as sort of a leave-in conditioner for beards. Good balms are rich with oils that will moisturize and soften your beard hair, making it feel great when you get close with others.
What’s more, it works as a great styling agent for beards. It provides a medium hold on the beard to wrangle in those stray hairs.
You’re probably asking, “Why can’t I use just regular shampoo? Why spend more money on a specialized shampoo?” Well it’s pretty simple actually.
The skin on your face is way more sensitive than the skin on your scalp. Facial skin is more prone to breakout in acne and get irritated than the scalp. Bad skin under a beard is a surefire way to ruin your face mane.
With beard shampoo, you can clean your beard and the skin under it properly. It’ll regulate oil production for your skin and cleans the hair without drying it out.
It’s worth noting that you can get all three of the above products in a one cost kit.
Who wants a bunch of tangles in their beard? I know I don’t. Using a beard comb everyday will help keeping a beard tidy everyday.
This won’t be something you’ll need for a daily basis, but it is nonetheless essential. A well-groomed beard is a happy beard. There are a large number of great beard trimmers available on the market.
Alrighty, you’ve got your tools now right? Excellent. Now it’s time to create a daily routine. Now, this routine is completely up to you, but this a good framework to follow if you want a truly splendid beard.
- When you’re in the shower, lather up your beard shampoo and thoroughly wash your beard. You don’t need to do this every day, but at least every other.
- Right after you shower, apply your beard oil. Simply take a couple of drops of oil, rub it between your hands and rub it throughout your beard and mustache. Make sure to get the skin underneath to moisturize the skin.
- Take your comb and comb out all your tangles.
- Take a dime-sized amount of beard balm and rub it between your hairs. Then rub it in your beard, making sure to get every inch, including the mustache.
- Now that you have balm in your beard, style it to your liking.
- Once a week, trim your beard, including your cheeks and neckline.
And that’s pretty much all you need to take care of your beard. That wasn’t so bad now was it?
Taking care of your beard is essential to having it look great. A little effort goes a long way to ensuring you’re looking your best.